Warm Your Soul with Our Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Title: Warm Your Soul with Our Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There’s something undeniably comforting about a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup. A classic favorite for many, this simple but hearty dish has been known to warm both the body and the soul. If you’re craving a homemade version of this classic, look no further. Our delicious chicken noodle soup recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your craving and provide a soothing experience during colder days or when you’re feeling under the weather. So, let’s gather our ingredients and get cooking!
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 3 celery stalks, sliced
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
– 8 ounces egg noodles
– 2 teaspoons dried thyme
– 2 teaspoons dried parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, cooking until they become translucent and lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sliced carrots and celery to the pot, sautéing for an additional 5 minutes until slightly softened.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
4. Add the cooked chicken to the pot, along with the dried thyme, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
5. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the soup back to a boil. Once boiling, add the egg noodles, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook the noodles for the time recommended on the package, usually about 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
6. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings according to your preferences.
7. Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly before serving.
8. Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy the comforting warmth of our classic chicken noodle soup.
[image of a bowl of steaming chicken noodle soup, decorated with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of black pepper]
What could be better than cuddling up with a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup, especially during chilly days or when you’re in need of a soothing meal? This classic recipe is incredibly easy to make, provides nourishment, and fills your home with a comforting aroma. So, gather these simple ingredients, follow our straightforward instructions, and let this classic chicken noodle soup warm both your body and your soul!
#recipe to chicken noodle soup