Warm Up This Winter with Delicious Tomato Basil Soup
Winter is the time of year when we all want to curl up in a blanket with a hot bowl of soup. Tomato basil soup is the perfect dish to warm up with this winter. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and full of nutrients.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender.
4. Return to pot and stir in cream, if desired. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as croutons, shredded cheese, or fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Tomato basil soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for warming up this winter. It’s also a great way to get in some extra vegetables and nutrients. With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can have a delicious bowl of soup ready in no time. So grab your ingredients and get cooking!
#recipe tomato basil soup