Smoking a Turkey? Here’s the Perfect Recipe for Delicious Results!
Smoking a turkey is an excellent way to add flavor to your holiday meal. The process of smoking a turkey involves slow cooking the bird over indirect heat, which infuses the meat with flavor from the smoke. Smoking a turkey also helps keep the bird moist and juicy. With the right ingredients and a bit of patience, you can create a delicious and flavorful smoked turkey that your family and friends will love.
-1 (12-14 pound) turkey
-1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ rub
-1/2 cup of butter, melted
-1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
-1/4 cup of olive oil
-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1 teaspoon of onion powder
-1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1. Begin by prepping the turkey. Remove the giblets and neck from the inside of the turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the BBQ rub, melted butter, apple cider vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
3. Rub the mixture all over the outside and inside of the turkey. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the turkey in the smoker and cook for 3-4 hours.
5. After 3-4 hours, remove the turkey from the smoker and place on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
Enjoy your delicious smoked turkey!
#recipe to smoke a turkey