recipe quiche lorraine
Quiche Lorraine – A Classic French Recipe
Quiche Lorraine is a classic French recipe that is a favorite among many. The dish is an open-faced tart that is filled with a creamy custard and a variety of savory ingredients. This dish is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner and can be served hot or cold. Quiche Lorraine is an easy dish to make and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
-1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
-4 slices of bacon, diced
-1/2 cup diced onion
-2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the unbaked pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crisp and the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
4. Spread the bacon and onion mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
5. Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the bacon and onion.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon, onion, and cheese.
8. Place the pie plate on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Quiche Lorraine! This classic French dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The creamy custard and savory ingredients make this dish a perfect option for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Serve it hot or cold and enjoy the delicious flavors of this classic French recipe.
#recipe #quiche #lorraine