how do i recall an email in outlook
Recalling an email in Outlook is a useful feature that allows you to take back an email that you have sent out. This can be useful if you have sent an email to the wrong person, or if you have sent an email with incorrect information. It is important to note that recalling an email is not always successful, and the recipient may still be able to read the email.
How to Recall an Email in Outlook
1. Open Outlook and go to your Sent Items folder.
2. Find the email that you want to recall and open it.
3. Click on the “Actions” tab and then select “Recall This Message”.
4. You will be presented with two options: “Delete unread copies of this message” or “Delete unread copies and replace with a new message”.
5. If you choose to delete the unread copies, the email will be removed from the recipient’s inbox. If you choose to replace it with a new message, you will be prompted to compose a new message.
6. When you have chosen the option you want, click “OK”.
7. Outlook will attempt to recall the message. You will receive a notification when the recall is successful or if it has failed.
Tips for Recalling an Email in Outlook
• Make sure you have the correct email address for the recipient. If the email was sent to the wrong person, the recall will not be successful.
• If you are replacing the email with a new message, make sure you check the spelling and grammar before sending.
• The recipient may still be able to read the original email, even if the recall is successful.
• If the email was sent to a large group of people, the recall may not be successful for everyone.
• If you are using an Outlook Web App, you may not be able to recall the message.
• The recall feature is not available in all versions of Outlook.
Recalling an email in Outlook can be a useful feature if you need to take back an email that you have sent out. However, it is important to remember that it is not always successful, and the recipient may still be able to read the email. It is also important to make sure that you have the correct email address for the recipient, and that you check the spelling and grammar of any new message you are sending.
#recall #email #outlook