When it comes to snacking, it can be difficult to make healthy choices. With so many unhealthy snacks available, it can be tempting to reach for something that isn’t good for you. However, there are plenty of healthy snack options that are delicious and nutritious. Here are some of our favorite healthy snacks and recipes to try.
1. Trail Mix: Trail mix is a great snack that combines healthy nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. It’s a great source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. To make your own trail mix, combine 1 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of walnuts, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, and 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.
2. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait: This snack is a great way to get a serving of fruit and dairy in one delicious treat. To make it, layer 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/4 cup of granola, and one cup of fresh fruit in a bowl or cup. For extra flavor, top it with a drizzle of honey.
3. Hummus and Veggies: Hummus is a great source of protein and fiber, and it’s a delicious dip for crunchy veggies. To make your own hummus, combine one can of chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of tahini, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, and a pinch of salt. Serve the hummus with sliced bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, or your favorite veggies.
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich: This classic snack is a great way to get a serving of protein and healthy carbs. To make it, spread two tablespoons of peanut butter on two slices of whole wheat bread. Top it with one sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. Apple Slices with Nut Butter: Apples are a great source of fiber and are naturally sweet. To make this snack, slice one apple and top it with two tablespoons of your favorite nut butter. This snack is a great way to get a serving of healthy fats and fiber.
No matter which snack you choose, it’s important to make sure you’re eating a balanced diet. Eating healthy snacks throughout the day can help keep you full and energized. Try out these recipes and find your favorite healthy snack!
#recipe to make