Delight Your Guests This Holiday Season With a Delicious Xmas Cake Recipe!
This holiday season, delight your guests with a delicious Christmas cake recipe! This festive cake is sure to be a hit with family and friends, and it won’t take too much time to prepare. Plus, it’s an easy way to add a bit of holiday cheer to any gathering.
– 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup sour cream
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– 1 cup dried cranberries
– 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
– 1 cup chopped dates
– 1 cup chopped candied orange peel
– 1 cup chopped candied lemon peel
– 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
6. Fold in walnuts, cranberries, maraschino cherries, dates, candied orange peel, candied lemon peel and candied pineapple.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
#recipe xmas cake