best recipe to roast a chicken
Roasting a chicken is one of the most satisfying and delicious meals that you can make. It is a classic dish that has been around for centuries and is still enjoyed by many people today. Roasting a chicken is a simple way to create a delicious meal that is sure to please the entire family. The key to a successful roast chicken is to choose the right ingredients and follow the recipe carefully.
1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, black pepper, and salt.
5. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, making sure to cover all areas.
6. Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
• If the chicken is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
• To ensure even cooking, rotate the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
• To get a crispier skin, turn the oven up to 400°F for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
• To get extra flavor, add fresh herbs or citrus slices to the roasting pan.
• For a juicier chicken, baste it with the pan juices every 15 minutes.
• To get a golden-brown skin, brush the chicken with melted butter or oil before roasting.
Roasting a chicken is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a classic dish. With the right ingredients and a few tips, you can create a delicious roast chicken that will be enjoyed by all. Whether you are feeding a large family or just a few people, this is a meal that will be sure to please. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to roast a delicious chicken!
#recipe #roast #chicken